Janet’s Words of Wisdom
Thirty years have taught me…
- It’s just business. Remember that.
- Never let them see you sweat. EVER!
- Take the job no one else wants and excel at it.
- There are five categories of experience that provide the best development over time: challenging jobs, other people (bosses), hardships, coursework, and off-the-job experiences (mainly not-for-profit). Track yourself in each category.
- Keep a "memory box of stuff" from events, experiences, recognitions. When you have those crappy days, pull it out and remind yourself of your rock star status.
- Give back and influence younger generations.
- Laugh…often. It beats antacids!
About the Author
Janet is a motivational leader with a reputation for building talent and culture, and driving business success. She thrives as an integrated marketing specialist and general manager, with a proven track record for taking on only the most compelling and challenging growth opportunities.